These are two separate events, bookable as one day conferences.
Thursday 7th June 2018 – The University of Sheffield
Alcohol and Recovery – a specific exploration of what recovery discourses have to say about experiences of alcohol use and service provision. An all day conference that offers a mixture of research, agency and personal presentations.
A limited number of reduced places are available for individuals/recovery groups (please contact Conference Administrator with initial enquiry for these).
Accommodation can be booked at Halifax Hall for the night of 6th June – please book this directly through the University.
(T: 0114 222 8810, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, Halifax Hall, Endcliffe Vale Road, Sheffield, S10 3ER)
Wednesday 6th June
The conference will be preceded by PhD and Early Career Research Workshop. This event is an interactive workshop format (rather than just presentations) and is designed to a) enable informed participant discussion and b) develop peer networks.
Places for the workshop are limited and cost £25 each, including lunch. For those early career peer researchers booking into this workshop can also book into the main conference day for an additional £25.
Booking forms and further details to follow – Watch this space.
To register your interest in attending either event please contact Jenni Turnbull on (01382 224846) or at email@example.com.
For enquiries about conference programme content and presenting, please contact Wulf Livingston: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optional payment method
- 2017 Weston Super Mare – Alcohol Anonymity – still the nation’s favourite drug?
2016 -2012 Conferences
These are available to be watched through films recorded by FEAD.
- 2016 Bradford – Not all alcohol problems are dose related. FEAD Videos.
- 2015 London – Addicted to Recovery? New Paradigms or Recycled Discourses? FEAD Videos.
- 2014 Dundee – Made in Scotland Learning lessons from Scotland’s independent approach to tackling alcohol problems. FEAD Videos.
- 2013 Birmingham – Alcohol Spills Over Alcohol and the family and other neglected issues. FEAD Videos.
- 2012 Llandrindod Wells – New Directions and Motivational Interviewing 21 years of experience and the future for motivational interviewing. FEAD Videos.
- 2011 Lancaster – Big Drinking and the Big Society Inequality and alcohol problems: are we really all in this together?